Sync Groupwise to Iphone???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by obakri, Jul 7, 2008.

1. obakri macrumors newbie

Hi, I use groupwise at work... Will I be able to get my email pushed to iphone also, will my calender from groupwise push as well??? If yes, how???

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

I've read that Novell is working on getting this working. I know someone who also would like the answer to this thread. I'll be interested to see what people know or have done.

3. obakri thread starter macrumors newbie

4. wwhitmire macrumors newbie

Still waiting? I'd love to hear the news on this too.

5. cgoetz7 macrumors newbie

6. jwflutterby macrumors regular

Any inside info as to when in August or did you just see their home page? We use Groupwise and NotifyLink at work so I am anxiously waiting for them to come out with the iPhone client...

7. cgoetz7 macrumors newbie

nope. no inside information. I talked to our notifylink rep in mid june and all he could tell me was that iphone support was suppose to come sometime in August.

8. jwflutterby macrumors regular

August 11th for NotifyLink, they updated their homepage graphic :)

9. 545h4 macrumors newbie

Cheers for the update...

<shaking fists at employer for using groupwise...>

10. LegalTech macrumors newbie

Groupwise to Ipad and Iphone works fine with Notifylink

You need to get a Notifylink account. It is $280/yr. But it is worth it. I have been using groupwise 8 with Iphone for over a year using notifylink as the connector. Works great.

Novell will come out with a product that will allow native synch with apple devices. It is in beta and is soon to be released.

If you don't want to pay, then do this: Forward your email to a gmail account and set up your iphone to synch with gmail. That doesn't help with contacts/calendar, but does solve the immediate issue of email. In groupwise do Tools-Rules...

If you have an issue with the mail showing up as only you as the sender when doing a forwarding rule, you may need your administrator to put a /flatfwd switch in the Gwia.cfg file.

Hope this helps
    Chris
    http://lawfirmtechnology.com

11. alik55 macrumors newbie

Groupwise calendar import

There is an app in the store, GW Import, that will import your Groupwise calendar into iPhone calehdar with alerts, but it has to be run manually, ie there is no automatic push.