Sync help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ruffian829, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Ruffian829 macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2008
    Could someone lay out for me how to sync my ipad (and iphone) native calendars? Is it possible to do w/o syncing via itunes or my macbook? I'll happily sync using google calendars but I can't seem to get that to work at all either. I have created multiple google calendars and turned on the accounts in both the ipad and iphone to sync w/ the google calendar but it is still only showing the default calendar...
    and is it possible to have two way sync without MobileMe?
    Usually I'm ok at figuring these things out but for some reason I cannot seem to make this work...
  2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2011
    Set your google account up as a exchange on your ipad/iphone, then they will sync OTA.

Also stop syncing calendar via itunes as you will get duplicates doing it via exchange and itunes.
  3. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2008
    Thank you, I didn't have it set up as an exchange account!
    Um, any idea why my "us holidays" calendar from google is giving triple events on my ipad, but only one listed on google calendar and iphone? No syncing via itunes...
  4. Ruffian829 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 17, 2008
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm still struggling with the US holidays calendar giving me triple events, and now some of them are listed under "Family" calendar...
    Also, is there a limit for the amount of google calendars that can sync? I am missing like 3 of mine on my iPad calendar and ones I have unsubscribed to still show up... Any thoughts?