Sync iCloud bookmarks with Firefox

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by yeast2u, Jan 16, 2013.

1. yeast2u macrumors newbie

Hey,

Just wonder if it is even possible to sync bookmarks in firefox with icloud. I sync my iphone, ipad and imac with icloud but they can not give me mac for work while I still want to access the bookmarks...

Any solution?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You could use BookMacster to sync the FF bookmarks with Safari, then iCloud would sync the Safari bookmarks. If I understand what you are trying to do, this would do the trick.

3. yeast2u thread starter macrumors newbie

That works and there are also some similiar workaround on windows. But I would prefer to have a direct sync between FF and icloud if possible.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I don't think you will find such a thing. Apple seems to have the iCloud API for this sort of thing locked down.

Maybe something using Dropbox would work for you?

5. yeast2u thread starter macrumors newbie

Hate dropbox, honestly...

Thanks anyway.

6. Bear macrumors G3

Firefox has it's own sync mechanism. Note that I haven't used it - I just know it's there.

It's not a good idea to put personal stuff, especially account information on a work computer.

I have seen various non-Apple apps that sync through iCloud. They are of course strict rules that the app developers have to follow.