Sync in Progress on Manual Sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guitarizt, Jan 18, 2009.

1. guitarizt macrumors newbie

I have itunes setup to manually manage and I don't have the sync option on in any of the photo, apps, ect. tabs. Everytime I connect my 2nd gen touch to my puter it says Sync in Progress then slide bar to cancel. Is there a way I can get rid of this?

2. Punk72 macrumors newbie

Punk72

Is it actually syncing music or does it just do it for a few seconds then stop?

If it stops which i am quite sure mine does then i think they are just saying hello, so to speak.

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

thats quite normal.

itunes is just gathering info from your ipod. It's just getting it's bearings :) the more you have on it the longer the initial 'sync'.
    it's a worrying message i know, but dont worry, it's not transfering any media.

4. guitarizt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I had a feeling that's what it was. I noticed yesterday in itunes it said backing up ipod or something like that so I figured there's no way I can turn off everything so it doesn't even try to sync at all when I connect it. I'm not worried about it erasing stuff, I just hate it when I'm listening to a song and connect it to the puter and it makes me replay the song from the start. No big deal tho.

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's for things such as contacts, calendars and podcasts (if you have it set to sync podcasts to begin with), as well as the syncing of play counts and whatnot.