sync ipad with Mac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rich1812, Nov 1, 2018.

1. rich1812 macrumors regular

Hello, I finally resurrected my old iPad mini. But now I have some questions.
    1. How do I sync my Safari bookmarks and Reading list with my Mac? The iCloud on both my iPad and Mac had Safari turned on and on both devices I use the same AppleID, but on the Safari on my ipPad it doesn't show any bookmarks and Reading List , did I missed something?
    2. On my Mac, I have a huge music library, again I turned on home shaing, but the iPad doesn't show any of them. Thanks.

2. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

On your iPad, check your iCloud setting. If all looks good, toggle off Safari and it will prompt you to delete or keep. Wait a minute. Toggle it back on. Wait a few minutes for it to resync them.

Settings>Music>Home Sharing to make sure it is signed in.

3. rich1812 thread starter macrumors regular

I did exactly that a few times. However, Safari on my iPad just won't update bookmarks and Reading List. :(
    and the Home Sharing just won't share. :(

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

What versions of iOS and macOS are you running?

5. rich1812 thread starter macrumors regular

On the Mac, I have latest Majove. On the iPad, I have the older iOS 9.3.5, the last iOS my iPad mini supports.

6. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

7. rich1812 thread starter macrumors regular

I suspect there are some serious flaw with this BS iCloud. Now I remember long time ago I had the same issue with the iPad. For some reasons, if I remember correctly, the bookmarks and Reading List just appeared on my iPad mysteriously serval days latter. Didn't know how it happened tho.

Is there a way to sync the bookmarks directly from my Mac without going through iCloud?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2018 ---
    Can I just export the bookmarks xml on the Mac then import it to the Safari on the iPad?