Sync iPhone 4 with new mac, (old mac got stolen)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vartanu, Nov 19, 2010.

1. vartanu macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I just my macbook pro stolen :( and i have a lot of stuff on my iPhone 4 that i don't want to lose.

I bought an iMac 27(hard to steal) and i was wondering if there is a way to have everything from the iphone imported in to itunes.

Now when i connect the phone i get promted to set it up as a new phone, this will erase everything on it. Is there a way i can save the Photos, Apps, Music, Contacts etc?

Thanks

2. mikedj macrumors newbie

you need sharepod that can save your life jeje:D

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

To transfer the music and apps, you have to authorize your new iMac in iTunes. Then you can transfer over the purchases. If your iPhone is jailbroken you can ssh into your iPhone and pull the pictures and contacts.

4. vartanu thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish it could be that easy.

I tried a bounch of software i can retreive my music and that's it.

I will lose photos,sms, email accounts settings, apps etc, i tried "transfer purchases" and it says transferring but then nothing shows up anywhere, no apps.

When i start sync the apps it starts deleting everything from the iphone, even do i am logged in to itunes, app store.

It drives me nuts that apple did not consider that someone will have his computer stolen, fall in water, crashed, virused etc.

i hate the message "this iphone can only be synchronized with one computer", and if that computer is gone? what apple?

5. vartanu thread starter macrumors newbie

still didn't sync my phone with itunes and i am searching around for a way to do it. Anyone got any hints in 2011?