Sync Iphone contacts to mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Giocarb, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Giocarb macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

This thread might already passed by, but i'm not finding the solution to my problem.

Here how it goes. I have an Iphone and I have a macbook pro. Now, I used to have at my work Hosted Exchange were all my contacts were on. Now, lost my job and now I want to delete the workaccount (mail). When I do that, my Iphone erases all my contacts on my iphone, which i don't want of course.
    Now, what i did, I have tagged all the boxes in entourage to sync with Icall, etc. BUT when i do a sync from Itunes, it whipes away all my contacts again, because it probably takes it from the empty folders. So that's a big issue. I'm not able to get all my contacts into Entourage or I call. Normally when you put the cable in, it should sync everything from the iphone to your mac right? Well it doesn't. It doesn't even asked the question. I have no clue what to do anymore or how to get my contacts into my entourage, so i can make a new e-mailaccount (personal one) and link everything together.

Hope you guys are able to help me out with this one.

Thx alot!

Grtz

Gio

2. TheArnettie macrumors newbie

I also used a similiar set up called Google Sync, which synced my contacts and cal to my GMAIL account. I did not want to do that anymore so I started using Address Book that came with the mac. Try to do that.

For a how to on that....just google it.