sync iphone contacts with facebook friends?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by marmagi, Jan 31, 2013.

1. marmagi macrumors newbie

Hello,

I tried the iphone facebook friends contacts sync

well big mess happened :(

First, lots of people accepted my friend request through facebook, friends like restaurants which I have in my iphone contacts but I dont want in my personal facebook account

So I had to unfriend each of them in my facebook account

How did the iphone traced the restaurants in facebook? by telephone number? by email? or by just name?

but the even worst problem I have now is that there are two contact entries for each one it found in facebook :(

the facebook new entry on the iphone contacts for some reason doesnt have the telephone number neither has the email address which are in the other conact entry I already prevously had in the iphone contacts

how come they didnt got merged in a unique contact entry ?

is there a way to merge them automatically ? if not what is the easiest way to merge them manually ?

thanks a lot in advance for your help

Mario

2. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

Sorry don't have an answer but it sounds like a perfect example of why I don't let facebook do anything. It has its own version of what is right with the world and that is share everything and everyone. Access email addresses and use them - OK with facebook.
    Sorry just venting. I use facebook but with the tightest restrictions I can find and not on a mobile device until someone finds a way to block things such as on the non-mobile versions.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm not sure if this will address everything (or perhaps anything in particular), but, as an alternative, using a separate app, like Sync.ME (http://www.sync.me/), for Facebook and contacts integration might be a good way to go.