Sync iPhone contacts with PC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clearchaos, Aug 2, 2009.

1. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

how can i sync my phone's contacts with my pc?
    i know you can do it through iTunes and MS Outlook, but i dont want to pay for Outlook (and i want to have more than just a 30 day trial.) I tried yahoo address book, but apparently that requires outlook in order to work!

the reason i ask is because i might be getting a 3GS in a couple weeks, and want to set it up as a new phone. i don't want to lose any of my contacts, however. so can anyone help me? :confused:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. jayenh macrumors 6502

weird... i did this just today to backup my contacts for when i get a 3gs... i used google contacts and merged my iphone contact list to my gmail acount.

4. clearchaos thread starter macrumors regular

clearchaos

thanks! i wasn't aware google had such a thing available.

i have a weird problem though...when i go to the website to view all my contacts, it shows i have 70 contacts (which is the correct number.) the list only shows about 40 of them, though. it has nothing to do with scrolling to see them all, and i have it set to show all contacts....however, it isnt.

EDIT: nevermind, they're all showing up now...wierd.
    thanks guys.

5. Leafs macrumors member

Hi seeing how you're problem is fixed can i hijack your thread? haha thanks...

Anyways is there anyway to choose which contacts I want synced with google sync? Like for contacts it only will let me choose all instead of selected groups. When i sync all I get all these random email contacts that I do not want on my phone. Can anyone help me out? Thanks