Sync iPhone, iCal, and Google Calendar, without MobileMe?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I just got a Mac and was wanting to sync iCal, and my Google Calendar to iPhone. I already have my phone syncing with Google calendar with no issues. Is there any way that all three can communicate? For example - I'd like to be able to make changes to my phone calendar, and have them show up in iCal, or make changes in iCal and have them show up in Google.
I have my Google calendar subscribed in iCal so I can see all that stuff, but if I add something in iCal it doesn't show in my Google calendar.

I'm basically wondering if there is any way to get the 3 communicating back and forth for free (or really cheap), or am I just asking too much?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
That seems to have done the trick. Awesome. Thanks a lot. I tried looking into it last night but got confused with that CalDAV thing, but I guess that was the ticket. Now to get my subscribed calendars to sync...

Comment

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Sweet. Now correct me if I'm wrong... I can only make changes to the google calendar in iCal that will sync between all three, right?
For example, if I edit something in the default "work" iCal calendar it will not sync with google and the iPhone, right? That seems to be the case for me at least.
Thanks for your help.

Comment

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
I can only make changes to the google calendar in iCal that will sync between all three, right?
Yes, to sync the none-google-calendars between iCal and iPhone you would need to sync via iTunes. (Having activated calendar syncing on the Info tab inside iTunes)

Comment

chstr

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
i believe using the caldav thing all 3 calendars sync if you have the automatic syncing set up between ical and iphone cal. It was months ago when I did it so I forgot how I got t to work but when you edit in any of the 3 calendars it will show up in the other 2 automatically

Comment