Sync iPhone, iCal, and Google Calendar, without MobileMe?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tardman91, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I just got a Mac and was wanting to sync iCal, and my Google Calendar to iPhone. I already have my phone syncing with Google calendar with no issues. Is there any way that all three can communicate? For example - I'd like to be able to make changes to my phone calendar, and have them show up in iCal, or make changes in iCal and have them show up in Google.
    I have my Google calendar subscribed in iCal so I can see all that stuff, but if I add something in iCal it doesn't show in my Google calendar.

I'm basically wondering if there is any way to get the 3 communicating back and forth for free (or really cheap), or am I just asking too much?

2. forum user macrumors regular

3. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

That seems to have done the trick. Awesome. Thanks a lot. I tried looking into it last night but got confused with that CalDAV thing, but I guess that was the ticket. Now to get my subscribed calendars to sync...

4. tardman91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Sweet. Now correct me if I'm wrong... I can only make changes to the google calendar in iCal that will sync between all three, right?
    For example, if I edit something in the default "work" iCal calendar it will not sync with google and the iPhone, right? That seems to be the case for me at least.
    Thanks for your help.

5. forum user macrumors regular

Yes, to sync the none-google-calendars between iCal and iPhone you would need to sync via iTunes. (Having activated calendar syncing on the Info tab inside iTunes)

6. chstr macrumors 6502a

chstr

i believe using the caldav thing all 3 calendars sync if you have the automatic syncing set up between ical and iphone cal. It was months ago when I did it so I forgot how I got t to work but when you edit in any of the 3 calendars it will show up in the other 2 automatically