Sync iPhone on homeshare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rholo, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Rholo macrumors newbie

Afternoon all,
    Myself and my wife both have are own iTunes acc and basically use the one computer to sync are devices.
    I have connected the primary with the new notebook via homeshare,however when I connect any of my devices they will not allow me to add music to the iPhones playlist from the secondary(notebook).
    I know understand that iphone4/iPod touch will only allow these devices to work from one computer(in this case my primary) is this correct that it will not allow my iPhone to be managed in this way whilst on my other computer.is homeshare not cable of doing what I require.
    If not what is the best what is the best way of switching just my devices and libary over to the new notebook,whilst leaving my primary laptop inplace for my wife.
    I would also like to use a external hard drive and run iTunes off this with all my music being sync to the hard drive automatically.

2. rowley macrumors 6502

rowley

use homeshare to copy your content over to itunes on your notebook, by just dragging and dropping playlists (or music/movies/apps/book) from the homeshare link on the left hand side up to library (which is local on the notebook).

Connect your iphone to your netbook, and set it to sync there (this will require a erase and resync).

This separates you from the library on the computer.

3. Rholo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much rowley,I will try this the wk end,can this be done using a external hard drive rather than saving it to the the notebooks internal one,I'm quite new to all this so it's a little daunting to say the least.