Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ben1l

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
I recently spilled water on my Macbook and it died. I've bought a new macbook and want to sync my iPhone to it. I have no backup of my old macbook.

How do I go about syncing my iPhone with my new macbook without iTunes wiping my iPhone and loosing all my content.

I also want to get all my movies, videos, music etc off my iPhone and onto the new Mac.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
I can only suggest that you remove the hard drive from the dead Mac and buy an enclosure for it.Then you can connect it to your new Mac and use Migration assistant to transfer all your stuff.

You can then use the old drive to keep a backup. :D

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I recently spilled water on my Macbook and it died. I've bought a new macbook and want to sync my iPhone to it. I have no backup of my old macbook.

How do I go about syncing my iPhone with my new macbook without iTunes wiping my iPhone and loosing all my content.

I also want to get all my movies, videos, music etc off my iPhone and onto the new Mac.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

You're going to need third party software to sync your iPhone to your new Mac without iTunes wiping the phone. The two apps that I personally use to do this are: iExplorer and iMazing. Both are pay apps and work equally well; your choice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.