Sync iphone wireless

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bryce600rr, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bryce600rr macrumors newbie

hello,
    i am a very new mac owner.. i have had my imac 27 for about 2weeks now.. someone told me that i would be able sync my iphone 4 with my new mac without plugging in my phone to the mac with the usb cable. is this possible? if so can someone explain how to do this.. thanks

2. sixcorners macrumors newbie

I don't own an iOS device but unless there is something I don't know, I think the answer is no. Google says that there was an app for that, but Apple rejected it and it's now only for jailbroken devices. Oh well.

3. bryce600rr thread starter macrumors newbie

my iphone is jailbroken. do u know the app i need?

4. bryce600rr thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks!! can you tell me what the isync app on my mac is for?

5. sixcorners macrumors newbie

You're welcome. Don't know. On my mac now but I'm on the windows side. It's updating slowly. Sorry.

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

According to Apple:-

"The iSync application lets you automatically transfer information from iCal calendars and Address Book contacts on a Mac to your third-party mobile device. For example, your third-party mobile phone device can be synchronized using iSync to display your latest events, and your contact list can always be up-to-date with your Mac."

7. bryce600rr thread starter macrumors newbie

10-4!!! got cha!! when i go to you tube and watch videos i always see people that have a picture on their desktop of their iphone showing the apps and eveything. what is that? how do i do that?? sorry for the stupid questions but my imac 27 is the fisrt mac i have ever had any experience on at all... but i love it so far:D

8. sixcorners macrumors newbie

It's either a program that comes with the iphone SDK that lets you run iphone apps on your computer (I think they have to be compiled a certain way) or it's an iPhone running a VLC Server.. I'm not sure if there is such a thing but Android has it.