Sync Iphone with 2 systems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roberthodgson, Jun 22, 2011.

1. roberthodgson macrumors regular

I have been asked an interesting question,

Can you sync your Iphone with 2 PC's

1 Home PC for music and apps

2 Office PC for your Outlook 2007 Contacts and emails (windows 7)

Thanks in advance

Rob

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'd suggest looking for ways to sync your e-mail over the air without involving the work computer at all.

I don't know how your work e-mail is set up, though, so I can't say HOW to do that. But that's what you should be investigating by asking whoever is in charge of tech at your office.

3. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

Nope. only one PC. Use Exchange to sync your work email and contacts.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, Exchange gives you a number of options. If the OP's organization hasn't made ActiveSync available via the Internet then it might be internally (via wi-fi or a cable). Or Outlook Anywhere to give your work stuff at home on a local copy of Outlook. Good advice from SWC to check with your IT dept.

A workaround would be to export your contacts and import them into the iPhone which would be some work to manage if there's a lot of churn.

Lotus Notes v8.5.1 is supposed to have ActiveSync but we used a third party product to sync (http://www.commontime.com). But again, it must be published somehows.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

What I have to do is not ideal because work won't allow me exchange access but some info:

Calendar; use google calendar sync and use google calendar on the phone

Mail; sunk, can't do it by corporate decree. Only way is exchange access.

Contacts; make a new outlook pst file and copy all contacts to that file. Move that file to the computer with itunes sync to the phone and load those contacts into outlook. In itunes synch outlook contacts.

6. sou1 so1di3r macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

I sync mine with my Mac at home and use exchange for my work e-mail. It also imports my calendars and my global work contact list too which is nice.