Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daviesrj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2011
Surrey
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this query? I have just purchased an Apple Macbook Pro and I've been using PC for years and years. I use Microsoft Outlook for my emails, contacts and calendars. On PC I was able to sync my Iphone contacts and calenders with MS Outlook however this options is now NOT available in iTunes anymore now that I have changed over to Mac.

How can I sync my contacts and calender with MS outlook 2011 on my new macbook pro, ideally I'd like to be able to have the same functionality as I did on PC where I connected my iPhone and any updates to my contacts or calenders would then be synced both ways, adding new contacts / calender entries to both systems?

Would much appreciate the help?

Thanks

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
In prefs in Outlook 2011 under "sync" or whatnot there's setting for syncing with the Mac's contacts, etc. Is that what you want?

And in iTunes under "info" tab there's all kinds of provisions for syncing calendars and contacts.

Or, if you're using Exchange, set up accounts on the iPhone directly rather than syncing through iTunes.

sigbiz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
I cannot get contacts to Outlook contacts to sync with iPhone

I am trying to sync via iCloud.

On my phone I have iCloud switched on with contacts on

In Outlook sync services I have contacts ticked for syncing with Mac contacts and iTunes

In System preferences I have Icloud ticked as syncing with contacts

but they dont sync!

Have run out of ideas to try.

Any help would be gratefully received

Andy:confused:

sigbiz

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
update on syncing outlook 2011 with iPhone

Just in case anyone else has the same problem I do have a partial answer and workaround.

Outlook still cannot carry out two way sync on contacts using iCloud. Whilst I knew this to be a problem a year ago I had foolishly expected Microsoft to have fixed by now.

So the workaround is only that of syncing via iTunes.

To do this

1)on the iPhone settings select iCloud and turn sync contacts to the cloud to OFF

2) with iTunes on the Mac select sync contacts (Select device on LHS and then select info from horizontal menu).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.