Sync iPod Touch 3g Annoyance w/ Windows

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kippywylie, Nov 11, 2009.

1. kippywylie macrumors newbie

Whenever I connect my brand new ipod touch for sync, Windows pops up with a "camera connected" box/question asking me which action to take. Of course the itunes application is not in the list, only picasa, and camera scanner.
    Can someone tell me how to make this minor annoyance go away forever?
    Thank You

2. tenand2indy macrumors member

I got that with Windows XP and with Windows 7. I just deal with it. I would think Windows would give you the option on that dialog box to do nothing and to not ask again, but that would be too easy.

3. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That happens when you have pictures on the iPod's camera roll. If you didn't save any pictures from email attachments or while browsing with Safari, then you probably inadvertently took some screenshots on your iPod. Check the "Photo" app, and delete any pictures in the camera roll, and the pop-up won't happen.

Also, there is an option somewhere in Windows for disabling this pop-up, it's called "Autoplay." Search for help on that topic.

5. crmccashin macrumors regular

crmccashin

Fix for XP Pro..

Click "Start"
    Click "My Computer"
    Under "Scanners and Cameras" , right click on you IPTs (will be a camera icon) listing.
    Select "Properties" then "Events"
    Select "Take no action"
    Close all windows.....

6. iMac0765 macrumors regular

Haha, it's for when you take screenshots.

It's technically a FEATURE, not a BUG.

Apple writes the iPod touch like a dual device. One is for normal syncing, the other the the camera. It's the same with iPhone, the pictures in your camera roll are like the pictures in your canon. When you plug it in, it appears as a camera.

Hope that helped ;)