Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheEpicFilmCo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Uk
Hello
I have 2 Macs and one has a lot of applications, songs and movies on it that the other one doesn't. I need to sync my iPod Touch with both so I want to have exactly the same stuff on both libraries. I realize that music and films can easily be transferred using a memory stick but what about the applications? If I sync the iPod with one Mac so the apps go on it and then plug it into the other Mac which doesn't have applications on it, will the apps just move like that or would iTunes sync the iPod and erase the apps?
I realize this might sound quite confusing but if you can help then please do thanks.

TheEpicFilmCo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Uk
I just thought of something- in the applications tab in iTunes when the iPod shows up, I could just set it to not sync apps on the Mac without the apps. Would that work?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Pretty sure you cannot sync to two computers. If all the purchased content is on the same AppleID, the best thing to do would be to consolidate to one library. Applications can be redownloaded on as many systems as long as you are signed in and authorized. Manual management can only be done on music and videos. Contacts, calendars, email, applications are in a whole other category and can ONLY be synced with one computer.

TheEpicFilmCo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Uk
The 2 iTunes are set to different accounts using different Apple IDs, there must be a way to sync between the 2 Macs though?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.