sync issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yfd76, Jun 6, 2009.

1. yfd76 macrumors newbie

I have a Itouch 2nd gen 16G When I try to download in Itunes I get a message that says Ipod cannot not be synced. The disk could not be read from or written to. I can download into my touch thru the wifi but can't do anything in Itunes. I have Itunes 8.1.1.10. and my ipod software is up to date. I'm working with windows XP. Any help would be appreciated.

2. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I think we need more info...so you saying you can't sync anything (music, apps, contacts) from your iTunes on your PC?

Have you ever been able to sync your iPod before?

3. yfd76 thread starter macrumors newbie

It stopped syncing app last week I just tried to sync again and it did a backup and sync bookmarks then I get the message cannot sync be synced disk could not be read or written to and when I click OK it stops syncing.

4. Centurey macrumors newbie

this is happening with me also, but on Leopard and iTunes 8.2
    (and an 8GB iPod Touch)

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you tried doing a restore? I suggest putting it into DFU mode first.

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i suggest either restarting computer or erase and restore on ur touch cuz the hard drive could be corrupt.

7. yfd76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for the delay in getting back but hughesnet FAP-ed me tring to download the restore software. Bottom line file was over my limit so I couldn't get it downloaded. I did try another sync of the Itouch and everything worked this time. I don't know what made it start but it did.
    Thanks for all the help

8. ger32 macrumors newbie

to sync with desk top AND netbook

(I have looked for where to ask a new question, but couldn't find it so am asking it here in a 'reply.')

How do I sync my iPodTouch with my desktop while at home and then switch to syncing with my netbook while on the road?

9. Riversen macrumors member

Riversen

It is not possible with standard iTunes syncing.

You cannot. You have one PC that you sync your iPod Touch to. I believe you hook them up in manual mode and load the music, but you do not have the luxery to sync to both. I made my laptop my sync'ing PC because I travel with it; however, you are limited by this if your work computer is not mobile. I do have iTunes installed on various PC's, so they can be used but not synced