Sync issues with original iPod Classic b/c of latest iTunes update

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MK25toLife, Jun 22, 2010.

1. MK25toLife macrumors regular

Ever since I installed the latest iTunes update every time I have tried to sync my iPod Classic 160GB iTunes freezes and I can’t sync so I have to force quit.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this or do I have to wait for the next update? Is Apple even aware of this?

2. Jenn56 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Don't restore your iPod like I did because it does nothing. Now I have no files on my iPod and no way to sync it!

3. Jenn56 macrumors newbie

i'm not sure what happened, but two seconds after i posted that reply it started to sync. sorry i can't help you out.

4. synhawke macrumors newbie

Having the same issue with my iPod Classic 120GB after the upgrade. Haven't seen a solution presented.

5. FinalxxDistance macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issues with my 60 Gig iTouch.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

New 160GB Classic user here. I'm staying away from this update until I learn more about what's going on here.

7. MK25toLife thread starter macrumors regular

So does anyone have an answer or solution to this? Very frustrating that I can't update my iPod at all w/o iTunes crashing.

8. Labaguette macrumors regular

iTunes just isn't crashed, after a while it will say "checking iPod" in the top status bar. mine did this yesterday, took twenty minutes or so (for 160GB). seems to be some problems with the cover db (which btw i already had before). better wait patiently :D

Regards