Sync large amounts of data betwen mac and windows machines

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SILENTMAC, Nov 26, 2010.

1. SILENTMAC macrumors newbie

Looking for some help with robocopy between windows and mac.

I use robocopy (command line copy utility built into windows) to sync ~150GB of data between multiple windows machines. I've never had any issues, it will run and check the data to make sure it is synchronized, if there are no changes it can check the 150GB in a few minutes.

Now I have a Mac 10.6 that will have a copy of the data on an HFS partition. I'm connecting to the Mac from a Windows 7 machine via file sharing in Mac to Windows. I have robocopied the data onto the Mac system. However when I re-run robocopy all the files show up as Older or Newer time stamp so it will have to recopy everything making it useless for synching just changes.

I've tried the /fft switch for use with fat32 and file systems that don't store the time as precisely as NTFS

I've tried the /dst switch to check and see if Daylight savings is messing it up.

Anyone else have this issue?

Can you suggest any utilities that you use to sync large amounts of data between mac and windows?

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member