Sync lossless/aac libraries? Sync iphoto libraries?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rallycars, Dec 24, 2007.

1. rallycars macrumors member

Hello All. I am proudly rocking the new 24" iMac pimpness. My iTunes library, being mostly apple lossless, is approaching 200 GB. Is there any way I can have copy of that library in .aac for my iBook and 60 GB iPawd? (as pronounced by Steve Jobs) I know that I can convert the library and copy that over, but I was hoping that it would automatically sync my ratings and new album imports with coverflow images without having to import the album on both computers. I am still using 10.4.10 on the iMac until Protools is leopard approved, and 10.4.11 on the iBook. Would leopard do this more readily that tiger?

Another related task is that I would like to be able to sync my iPhoto library between the computers.

Could some of this be done with a network? Would wireless internet work better by sharing an internet connection via airport, or using my wireless router?

2. rallycars thread starter macrumors member

I see I get no love on this subject. I think that syncing libraries between computers is a good idea for those that want to take a portable on the road, but apparently isn't here yet. I think it is certainly possible. I hope it arrive before these overhyped flying cars.