Sync MBP with MacPro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JesterJJZ, May 14, 2008.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Hi, I use my MacPro powerhouse as my main workstation. If I get a MBP, is there a way to sync the two? As in have iCal, mail, Address Book, etc be identical to what I have on my MacPro for when I'm on the road? Like when I plug my iPod into my tower, I have it set that all my calendars and contacts automatically sync up to it. Can I do the same with the MBP?

Thanks!

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

do you have .mac? This will sync ical, address book, safari bookmarks, etc.

IMAP will work for email

3. TravisReynolds macrumors regular

TravisReynolds

That my friend is what I like to call .Mac - Works amazingly, my favorite feature is the bookmarks. So wherever I am, I can always access my bookmarks.

The way I see it is like this, lets say I am at a friends house, and I can't access any of my stuff. I will just create a new, temporary account. Give my .Mac information. Vwala! Just like that I'll have all my bookmarks, contacts, mail, ical, etc.

It's amazing

4. JesterJJZ thread starter macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Yeah...but I don't need .mac...I have 400gigs of webspace across my websites. Can't justify spending money on it just to sync stuff. I don't want a mac.com email address either. There should be a "sync with notebook" feature.

5. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

But, if they did that, then they would not get to keep getting your residual yearly income for the .mac stuff. :eek: I completely agree with you. There ought to be a very easy USB connection or wireless to sync the two.