Sync Music but not Movies

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Canerican, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Canerican macrumors regular

I have tried several things but cannot manage to just sync my music, but not my iPod movies. In other words I want to manually manage my movies so that I can remove them from my main HDD.
    I have searched the internet and I am obviously doing something wrong. I tried checking "Manually manage videos" but then it wants to manually manage the music too.
    Anyway, thanks for your generous help in advance.

2. darkcanuck macrumors newbie

I registered for this forum just to bump this thread. I need to know the answer to this as well. So far it looks like the best bet is some sort of Applscript voodoo.

I can't believe Apple had such a huge oversight in this respect. You can sync photos, contacts, and calendars all independent from one another and from the rest of iTunes. Yet you have to sync movies and music together, you can't manually manage one or the other. What if one person wants to manually manage music but sync movies? What if another person wants to manually manage movies but sync music? Apple's had almost 2 years to fix this problem since the video iPod came out.

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Correct me if i'm wrong, but when you connect your iPod, isn't there an option to "Sync only checked items"? Try checking that, and then un-checking all of your movies in your movies section in iTunes. I think that may fix your problem.