Sync music from another computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmmishkind, Sep 13, 2008.

1. dmmishkind macrumors newbie

I sync my iPhone to my work computer, which has no music on it, but contains all my calendars and contacts.

My family's home computer has all the family's music. Can I sync the music off of this computer without losing my calendars and contacts?

Or perhaps there is a better way to accomplish this (update all music to itunes plus so it is DRM-free)?

Thanks.

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Do both iTunes accts use the same ID?
    Just disable the calendar/Contacts sync on the home iTunes and you should be GTG.

3. ohdeng9 macrumors newbie

my computer shuts down when i plug my iphone in and my comp goes to a blue screen

i got this iphone from a friend and i havent gotten it to work for like a week now and i plug my sim card in and it tells me to connect to itunes and i plug it in to my computer and my comp shuts down and i cant activate it i have a gateway comp and i run windows vista. c an anybody help? please!!!!

4. Donoghan macrumors regular

Donoghan

I think I read something about Apple re-releasing iTunes 8 for Windows to fix this exact problem in Vista. Try uninstalling iTunes and downloading it again and reinstalling. Hope this helps.

Edit: here's the link... http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9114598&intsrc=hm_list

5. dmmishkind thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, my two sons both use their own IDs on the home computer iTunes. If I plug my iPhone into it says it will erase my library.