Sync Music from PowerMac G5 to iPhone 4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MacCubed, Feb 28, 2015.

1. MacCubed macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Hello all, I have a PowerMac G5 running 10.5.8 Leopard, I have some music in iTunes that I want to sync to my iPhone 4 which is running iOS 7.1.2. Due to this, iTunes won't sync. Does anyone have ideas for alternatives? I've been looking for the past few days for one. Thanks!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, there's Phoneview 2.8.4. You'd have to Google it as the one that ecamm has up now is Intel only.

Phoneview will let you see part of your iPhone's file system and you could then navigate to where your music is located and copy over manually. You'd have to Google which database files to delete so that your phone sees the new music and rebuilds with the new music. However, I don't know if that's even possible.

That said, none of this would be a sync, which is what you want.

Frankly, I think you're out of luck. You could jailbreak and install the Bridge app which places music files you copy over to the phone into the iTunes app on the phone, but again, that's not a sync.

Apple really screwed over the 4 and 4s owners by locking out syncing with iOS 7.

3. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

I finally found PhoneView 2.7.5 so I'm downloading it right now. Thanks for the help!

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Let us know how this works out.

5. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

So I downloaded PhoneView, but the most it allows me to do is move files from my computer to the iPhone, not to the music app (on the phone) like I wanted, so I copied them to the iPhoneDrive folder I believe. My phone is jailbroken so from Cydia I downloaded MewSync. Then, using iFile I moved the songs to the Downloads folder, and on MewSync it allowed me to put the songs in the music app. So this worked!

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Bridge will work too. You can use it to move files into iTunes, ringtones into the system and videos into the camera app.

7. MacCubed thread starter macrumors 68000

MacCubed

Bridge was actually my first option but it wouldnt connect so I used MewSync