Sync music without Itunes? (Windows)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by error404, Jun 18, 2011.

1. error404 macrumors member

I'm so tired of Itunes :mad:

In more than one occasion, I have had to format my computer and even though I keep all my music in a different hdd, I always end up losing my playlist. Then when I freshly connect my iphone Itunes wants to erase everything on my phone.
    I imagine, there must be a solution to avoid that, but since the last time I formatted my computer (months ago), I haven't sync my Iphone or made new playlist... So I prefer to find a program that is less worry about holding my balls :eek: and more in tune with keeping my music organize.

Is there a better alternative? (Pwnplayer? Winamp?)

thanks!

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I don't put a lot of music on my iPhone, but when I do, I use a program called CopyTransControl. It works great and comes with other programs that can do the same thing for photos and videos. Oh, and I'm pretty sure you can set up and save play lists with it. IIRC, it's free as well.

3. error404 thread starter macrumors member

I was doing a search and found CopyTrans and Pwntunes... is there any advantages of one over the other one?

4. error404 thread starter macrumors member

CopyTrans seems to work great! I was able to add new playlist and remove some old ones...

My only problem now, is that I have more music than my iphone can handle. So I would like a program to keep my playlists organized.

Can CopyTrans Manager do that? I don't see how to add music and playlists to it without adding them to the Iphone too

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Hmm...I'm sure it probably can do that, but I haven't played with the settings at all since I started using it a few months ago. Maybe have a look through the menus and see if there's a way to set that up?

6. musicmax macrumors member