Sync only iPad or Univeral Apps to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mosi, May 13, 2010.

1. Mosi macrumors regular

Hey everybody,

Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically sync only iPad or Universal apps to the iPad? I have no desire to sync the 100's of iPhone Apps I have, over to the iPad.

I realize you can do this manually, which is how I have been doing it, but the more apps I add and the more universal apps come out, the more I have to go in and manually update the list.

Thanks for the info.

Mosi :apple:

2. AppEzzy macrumors regular

Sorry I don't believe there is a way. Agree with you that would be nice though.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Nope. iTunes is totally wrecked with the iPad. It's like it was a second thought or something. Hopefully Apple will fix the mess it is soon and make it more iPad friendly.

4. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

i was just about to post a new thread regarding this issue. I really don't want photo booth and the iphone camera apps or any iphone app on my ipad.

for the time being im gonna disable app sync on the ipad :S , hope apple give us an option in the future.

5. btrav13 macrumors 6502

I let iTunes sync all the apps to my iPad the first time. Then I deleted what I didn't want from the iPad itself. Upon re-syncing iTunes had the "deleted on iPad apps" unchecked inside of iTunes now. It was easier this way because you can ensure you remove the correct apps...like eBay, which has a different colored app for both iPods and ipads.

6. iserian macrumors 6502

Agree -

The only thing I don't like about my Ipad is ITUNES!!! It's the real reason I'm looking forward to seeing Driod Tablets because I hate "Tunes".