Sync open mails in mac - new program

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AbsolutJohan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. AbsolutJohan macrumors newbie

2. Andydigital macrumors regular

Andydigital

I prefer a completely different mail client myself, POSTBOX.

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

The functionality you are looking for is not provided by *any* mail clients. It sounds like you're using POP3. Don't. Use IMAP or ActiveSync instead; it does what you're trying to accomplish. If you are using Hotmail as your primary address, I doubt it supports IMAP and, IIRC, Microsoft has only enabled ActiveSync for mobile devices so you may be SOL unless you switch providers.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

Opened and read mail are perfectly synced between my iPhone and Mac, using gmail as IMAP, what are you talking about?:confused:

5. ColdCase macrumors 68030

That won't help him, he needs to set up an IMAP service.

6. AbsolutJohan thread starter macrumors newbie

okey

well thats a shame. yeah, i have gmail aswell, but can't get rid of my microsoft hotmail..

exactly its pop3.. thought it was possibly in some way, got my hopes up with the program i found :p

wellwell, nothing to do about it then :(

7. ColdCase macrumors 68030

I set up my IMAP account to log in the POP3 account and grab any mail there. Then I use the IMAP account to keep everything synced.

I don't use gmail (don't like their snooping and privacy thing), so I dunno if it provides that capability. You may be able to go into hotmail and just forward everything.

8. snaky69 macrumors 603

Gmail can do it, I have it setup to grab mail from my POP3 e-mail by my ISP.

OP, you simply need to setup your gmail as IMAP and have it grab hotmail's e-mails.

9. AbsolutJohan thread starter macrumors newbie