Sync options totally missing in iOS7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by irock101, Nov 1, 2013.

1. irock101 macrumors 6502

irock101

I am really disappointed from upgrading to iOS7 and mavericks. I updated all devices and set them up as new except the macbook. Now when i add a new email account in the default mail app on the macbook, i can't automatically sync the account to my iphone or iphone. So i have to add the account manually to all my devices which is a big pain. Its a real step backwards or am i overlooking some sort of hidden functions? I can't even rename my iPhone or iPad in iTunes anymore.
    Basically i just want to sync my iphone and ipad like i did it before iOS7 and mavericks. :mad:

2. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

Unfortunately there is no way to do it on 10.9. Apple has gotten rid of "Sync Services", or what is commonly known as the info tab in iTunes where you could locally sync your contacts, calendars, email addresses, notes, safari bookmarks, and have the ability to replace information on the iPhone with what you have on the computer. As far as I know, there is no way around this unless you go back to 10.8. There are a ton of people who are pissed off about it (including me).

There may be a way to restore that functionality with 10.9 server but i'm not entirely sure about that.

3. irock101 thread starter macrumors 6502

irock101

How do i downgrade? Do i just need to downgrade iTunes?

4. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

You need to downgrade the entire o/s back from 10.9 to 10.8. As far as I know, there is no other way to get the info tab back in iTunes unless you downgrade to Mountain Lion.

5. irock101 thread starter macrumors 6502

irock101

Thanks for the replies but this is unbelievable. Why would Apple do such a thing?
    Is there any 3rd party software to do a proper sync now?

6. irnchriz, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013

irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

So you are upset because iTunes won't sync the account settings from your non icloud accounts and you have to manually enter these (once) into each device. I honestly can't see that you would have that many iOS devices or email addresses that you would need to setup that it would become a pain. Are you using antiquated pop email rather than IMAP or activesync and need to sync changes.

Of course you could always download the iPhone Configuration tool, enter all of the account details into a profile and then connect each device up and put it on.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465