Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L.Shackson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Gdl, Mexico
Greetings.

My man OS is SL (Soon to be Lion) and I use PC at work, since the entire workgroup is far more familiar with PC and most of the programs used are PC only. However I am having trouble synchronizing Outlook 2010 with Apple mail.

Would it be possible to have RSS, mails, and both calendars (Apple Mail, Outlook 2010) merged into one? (One change is reflected on the other and vice-versa). I currently have Apple Mail with my google account synch'd with calendars with no problem, but it is the Outlook integration that is giving me trouble.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks

L.Shackson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Gdl, Mexico
I have been browsing for solutions and apparently i found one for the calendar section. However, I was wondering if there's a method for full synchronization ( where every change is reflected on apple mail or outlook 2010 ) where feeds were included. If this is not possible, I guess i should just add them manually.

"1. Export iCal calendars as .ics files
2. Go to the Calendar in Outlook
3. Drag and drop the .ics file on to the Outlook calendar and it imports it

This works like a champ; I've done it numerous times and I just did it again. I think you're overlooking the fact it's added as "uncategorized" and the calendar is not ticked or active. Once you add the calendar by dragging the .ics file onto the actual (monthly) calendar in Outlook 2011, you need to go to the calendar listing on the left-hand column and check the box next to "uncategorized" and it should show up. I can make a screen recording if you'd like but it should be simple once you look at the right spot. "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.