sync over wifi

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ScottDrummer, Sep 20, 2007.

1. ScottDrummer macrumors 6502

2. The General macrumors 601

Nope, and highly improbable that it will ever happen.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Its not going to happen in the near future. It's probably going to be the biggest feature of itunes if it does happen one day.

4. ScottDrummer thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont see any technological reason why this cant be done, as i say the technology is there, wifi has the bandwidth, there are already apps that can sync the iPhone outside of Itunes, just making this available over wireless would be the next logical step.
    obviously apple dont hand out sweets to kids too often in fear of making them sick (ok crap analogy)

5. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I was doing it via Bluetooth with my Treo, so it can be done. Apple just needs a way to charge you for it through iTunes first.

6. The General macrumors 601

It can be done, but not by us ... by Apple.

We'd have to make some sort of Wi-Fi/USB spoofer ... where iTunes thinks that the iPhone is connected via USB when it is actually just connected over wireless SFTP.

7. GTiPhone macrumors regular

Bingo[\B]. While it seems ridiculous off hand, Apple doesn't give much for free... There won't be a "pay per sync" feature for wireless syncing, I'm sure of that, but I would NOT be surprised at all if it becomes a part if some paid upgrade to iTunes.