Sync Passwords from Mac to iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hmmm4321, Nov 28, 2009.

1. hmmm4321 macrumors newbie

hey all--

I've been trying to find some sort of program that would allow me to sync passwords between my Macbook and iPhone. Right now I just have a very basic program that you just have to type in one password for on my Mac--this is all I need--just something really basic that's password protect. Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions? I'd love for it to be something free, too...

Thanks!!!

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

not free, but give 1Password a look. People are very happy with it.

3. jellybean macrumors regular

4. hoffmant macrumors member

1Password is an outstanding app, and their iPhone apps (both the standard & the "Pro" app) are free until Dec. 1st.

5. IronLogik macrumors 6502

I'll second 1Password

As another option you can try Wallet

6. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Threads merged - please create only one thread per topic.

7. DKatri macrumors 6502

another vote for 1password, really nice app for both mac and iPhone. Definitely grab it before tuesday!

8. ttate90303 macrumors regular

Another +1 vote for 1Password. Great all around app for password management and creation. Grab it while it's on sale.

9. akwarner macrumors member

I love and use 1Pasword myself. However remember that the Mac client is $40. So even if you get the iPhone client for free till tomorrow, if you want to sync and be able to see the data on the Mac, you will need the Mac version as well. If you don't need to see the data on the Mac, if will get backed up during a regular iPhone backup as all apps and their data do. It does not have a Windows client but the data cans be backed up to a Windows PC just as with all other apps.

A.