Sync PC (Windows) with Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Flomer, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Flomer macrumors newbie

Hi,

At home I use both a Desktop PC with Windows 7 and a MBA with OSX 10.8. On my PC I have all my music, and while I would like to keep it on my PC I would also want to have it on my MBA.

Since I add new music quite regularly I was wondering if there is way to "Synchronize Bidirection" my music folder on the PC and on the Mac.

Regards,

Flomer

2. vladobizik, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012

vladobizik macrumors 6502

A good and foolproof way to do this would be to have all your music in iTunes and get iTunes Match - one of its great and overlooked features is that it keeps your iTunes libraries in sync across all of your personal computers - Macs and PCs.

EDIT: Also, if you have a lot of music, you don't have to keep the music physically on your MBA's crowded SSD - it's all there available for streaming and it downloads the music only if you choose so.

3. Flomer thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, but I have a lot of music that is not available in the iTunes Store, hence it won't work very well for me. :(

But thank you anyway!

4. vladobizik macrumors 6502

That's fine, because everything that's not available in the iTunes store will be uploaded to the cloud for you. You won't lose any of your music.

5. Flomer thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh really, didn't know that. Though, it is a subscription service and although it does synchronise my iTunes library which will be the primary use, I'd rather pay a one time fee for a program or something which I can sync other files with as well.

6. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

If you keep your PC running all of the time you could consider running Audiogalaxy Helper (a music server) and stream via a browser on the Mac (and to mobile devices via the Audiogalaxy app). The price is definitely right.