Sync Photo Album on iPhone to Photos

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hrothgar, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Hrothgar macrumors 6502

If I create a new photo album in Photos, I can use iTunes to sync it onto my phone.
    But if I create a new photo album on my iPhone (in Photos) I can't get it to sync onto Photos on my computer.
    and, if I have a photo album on iPhone that I synced from my computer, any photos I add to it do not get put into the album on my computer. (New iPhone pics are synced to Photos on my computer, they're just not put into the album.)

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Hrothgar thread starter macrumors 6502

So, I guess that syncing of albums on Photos only goes one way -- from Photos to the iPhone? any changes made to an album on the iPhone do not get synced back to the album in Photos?

3. jk73 macrumors 6502

It seems like that's the case, but I only manage photos on my MBP and then sync to iPhone and iPad, so I can't tell you for sure.

It kind of makes sense that it would only be one-way from the macOS to iOS, since sorting and editing capabilities are much more limited on iOS.

4. vixster1901 macrumors regular

vixster1901

I find sharing folder with iOS has been HORRIBLE with the new Photos app. I don't use iCloud photos.. I ONLY photo streaming. I have a folder on the OS that I want on the iOS. I have NOT found a smooth way of doing so (without using iCloud sharing). It's STUPID..