Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Suppose my computer (with ML DP4) is off. I start an iMessage conversation on iPhone. After a while, I get home and turn on my computer. I try to continue the conversation on the computer. But the first part of the conversation (the one before the computer wss on) is entirely missing.

Is there any way to sync conversation history? Especially with devices that are not always connected (e.g. Computer) this seems important.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
It sounds like on your phone, you're sending messages via your phone number but on the computer you're sending them via your email. That will all be fixed with iOS 6 and ML. Otherwise, change your iMessages caller ID on the phone to be your email address and then delete and restart your thread.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
It sounds like on your phone, you're sending messages via your phone number but on the computer you're sending them via your email. That will all be fixed with iOS 6 and ML. Otherwise, change your iMessages caller ID on the phone to be your email address and then delete and restart your thread.

Actually, I made sure that my phone is using my Apple ID (my @me email address). So is my computer.

It's just that my computer's missing out on the part of the conversation that took place when it's off.

gage006

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2010
Actually, I made sure that my phone is using my Apple ID (my @me email address). So is my computer.

It's just that my computer's missing out on the part of the conversation that took place when it's off.

Strange. It should sync up when you turn on your computer then. Every time I wake my Air, all of the messages come flooding in. It should be happening automatically =/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.