Sync Problem on Unlocked Iphone.....please help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by escodotcarter, Oct 19, 2008.

1. escodotcarter macrumors newbie

hey im a noobie to all this so please understand i need help......
    i just bought an 8gig 2G unlocked iphone from someone on craigslist.
    this is where i stand now.....
    Tmobile sim card is in the phone
    screen on phone says "different SIM detected" please connect to itunes...and the slide bar says "slide for emergency"
    i can receive phone calls ....i have all service bars and it says tmobile at the top.
    i connect to itunes and it says " The sim card inserted does not appear to be supported" ...
    my iphone screen still says the same thing ...connect to itunes and slide for emergency....

as far as i know he said he used WinPwn im not sure what firmware it is running right now.....

please please someone help me out thanks so much

2. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

3. Junkboxy macrumors member

That was me 2 months ago with my newly acquired first-gen. After much un-success at pwning, I did a regular "Apple-sanctioned" restore to stock 2.1 firmware in iTunes. (I think I had gotten the iPhone stuck in Restore mode, so I had to do something.)

Then, pwning the 2.1 went like a breeze.

4. escodotcarter thread starter macrumors newbie

i wouldnt want to restore to 2.1 because im on tmobile so i want to keep it unlocked plus it has so many apps on it that i dont want to lose......
    is there anything else i can try besides doing a restore and re unlocking.jb it

5. G4brat macrumors newbie

Hey guys, Im sort of in the same spot. I have a week 32 8GB 2G iphone that im getting ready to sell. it's has 2.1 jailbroken and unlocked. I ran bootneuter from cydia and it said the BB was flashed succesfully with my legit ATT SIM card. When I put in another SIM it tell me the same as escodotcarter. How can I get pass that?

Thanks for the help.

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

if you are getting that message, the phone has NOT been unlocked

7. G4brat macrumors newbie

I can make phone calls to a regular number from "emergency" screen. If I go back into Bootneuter it said that the setting are set to 3.6, "neuter" ON fakeblank "OFF" and"UNLOCK" ON.

8. Junkboxy macrumors member

Sorry...I mis-spoke. I meant to say that I did a normal restore to Stock 2.0.2 (using that alt-click to hand select my stock 2.0.2 downloaded to my desktop). THEN, I got my custom 2.1 injected in there via iTunes 8.0. And my 2.1 is working perfect with T-mo. You better find out what your current version is before doing anything else. iLiberty will at least tell you if its "Stock" or not.

9. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

I have a question. I am about to unlock a first gen iphone and the unlock says it will unlock EDGE. Will i still have to buy a data package for this to work with the internet? Or when it says it will unlock EDGE, the internet will work?

I have T Mobile.