sync problem, please help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eftrix, Aug 5, 2008.

1. eftrix macrumors member

:apple:just wondering can you sync calendars from windows calendar to ipod touch...not windows mail though!!, i really need to know, also could you please try it out to be certain, i really need replys quickly, sorry!!lol....tanx:apple:

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My understanding is that the only Windows calendar program it syncs with is Outlook. In any case, if your computer has a compatible calendar program, it should show up in the "Info" tab for iPod Touch settings in iTunes. And you can set it to sync both calendar and mail, calendar only, or email only. It's flexible that way.

3. eftrix thread starter macrumors member

good tanx, ill stick in an old ipod coz i dont actually have an ipod touch and see wethear it syncs to that thr0ough windows calendar, hope it does!!!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ummm, old ipods don't have "info" tabs... Hm, I just stuck in my Nano and it has calendar sync in the "contacts" tab, and it says it just syncs with Outlook. My Touch says "No compatible calendar program detected."

5. eftrix thread starter macrumors member

:apple:crap i need it to sync with windows calendar, i dont know what im goin to do now!!!
    em lets see there has to be a solution,

windows calander.exe+itunes+ipod touch=get outlook!! (im really pissed now, but i suppose it will have to do, do you know weather you can sync details with a windows mail program, the one on vista!!!, that wouyld be good

btw tanx for the help!!:apple:

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not sure what you mean by "sync details with a windows mail program." I haven't tried syncing my Touch with my Windows Mail because I keep thousands of email in Windows Mail, and I'm afraid what would happen if iTunes tries to copy all of that to the Touch! :D

Sorry the thing isn't doing what you want it to do -- I really don't know why Apple doesn't provide support for Windows Calendar, I'd like to use it too if it did!

7. eftrix thread starter macrumors member

yh its just annoying coz i dont have outlook and i dont know how to use it much, i thought it was just for email only, but combining both calander and email just confuses me because i wouldnt want to end up with all of my windows mail emails synced over, (i just want calanders to be synced over simply and easily) I guess ill have to wait for 2.02 lol, nyway, wats 2.01 like any new features or are the bug fixes working yet!!??:):):apple::apple:

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah, I've never tried Outlook either, frankly I'm not very sure what that program does, lol.

2.01 did something very wonky to my backup process -- it cut the size of my backup to about a third what it was before, but it's apparently now backing up the entire thing each time instead of just the files that were changed since the last backup. I've been playing around trying to figure out what exactly the new backup function does all last night, and haven't had a chance to actually play with the Touch itself!