Sync problems after 7.7.(not trying to transfer apps)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pachnerg, Jul 10, 2008.

1. pachnerg macrumors newbie

Itunes wont let me sync my ipod to my computer after i updated to 7.7 . I dont want to reset my ipod because my songs are on my new and old computer and that would be a real pain to get them back on. Im going to redownload Itunes now but is anyone else having this porblem?

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

you cant sync apps with a 1.1.4 iPod the apps only work with 2.0

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

The version of iTunes I downloaded (7.7 for PC [I'm not at home so I can't use my Mac]) wouldn't recognise my iPod and would freeze whenever connected; whenever I disconnected it I would briefly get the iPod screen before it disappeared...connecting it and leaving it for about five minutes it would suddenly sync. Is this similar to your problem?

4. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

OMG!!! THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! Check the About Window, if "iTunes 7.7" scrolls up with "Activation Mode" under it, type:

In terminal:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes StoreActivationMode -boolean NO

Then ONLY type the following if the iPod shows up ONLY if it only lets you restore. If it is back to normal, just ignore the following Shell Command and just type the one above into Terminal.

In terminal:
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes StoreGeniusMode -boolean NO

Activation Mode only works with iPhones ready for activation and when you turn that off, it activates Restore Mode which is entirely pointless and stupid - it only lets you Restore the iPod, nothing else to do with it.

Hope all this works.

allbrokeup.

5. nba1341 macrumors regular

*golf clap* to apple

you really think they would test their **** before releasing it this is ridiculous

6. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

same problem here - itunes works fine when I DON't have the Touch plugged in, but the minute I plug it into the USB the entire app freezes, and needs a force quit to get out of.

I just want the app store, but I guess apple cares more about the new iPhone right now, and all those customers than it's current ones with Touches.

7. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Same thing happens to me unless my iTunes Library is empty or if my iPod's library is empty... for some reason having to large libraries, it stalls.