Sync Safari bookmarks with FireFox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jennyp, Dec 10, 2009.

1. jennyp macrumors 6502

I sync my Safari bookmarks between machines via MobileMe. Works pretty well.

But I was wondering - is there a way I can make FireFox use my Safari bookmarks, so that they benefit from the sync as well?

2. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

I use Bookdog. I keep my bookmarks synced across Safari, Firefox, and Camino. I think it works with other browsers too. They've recently introduced the successor to Bookdog, BookMacster, but I haven't played with it that much because Bookdog does what I want it to...and what you want it to do also.

You also might want to google xmarks (formerly foxmarks). I haven't used it in a while, but for a short time I was syncing my Safari bookmarks with xmarks, and then xmarks (like MobileMe) would keep all my Firefox bookmarks in sync across my macs.

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

http://www.xmarks.com/

i use it everyday and it rocks. Sync unlimited computers with any virtually any browser on virtually any OS

4. GamaFu macrumors regular

I second that. I've been using Xmarks for quite long since it was still Foxmarks. It works great to sync my Safari, Chrome, Firefox bookmarks.

5. jennyp thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually Bookdog does not do what I wanted, but their new "BookMacster" thingy might, so I'll keep an eye on that.

6. ooninay macrumors member

I didn't know that xmarks worked with Safari now. Thanks! This will make things a lot simpler for me.