Sync Safari Bookmarks without erasing them

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mdwsta4, Dec 1, 2013.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I have a number of specific bookmarks on my iPad that I'd like to sync up with my iPhone. I'd also like to sync most of my MBP's bookmarks with my iPad. Currently none of the three devices share any of the same bookmarks. Is there a way to sync them all without losing bookmarks?

I was hesitant to turn back on the sync bookmarks feature fearing that it might replace all my iPad bookmarks with those on my MBP.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. thebiggfella macrumors newbie

The above links takes you to thread that I posted in relation to a similar issue but I've yet to find a solution to syncing bookmarks on my iPad, iPhone and laptop via iCloud. It just doesn't work. The only way I can sync them is via iTunes when connected to my laptop. It's annoying and iCloud Tabs doesn't work either, never has.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Well, it's working for most of us. Not sure why you are having issues, perhaps something missed in settings.

When Mavericks did away with SyncServices in iTunes and I was forced to begin using iCloud, it took about 2 weeks of tweaking settings on iDevices and Mac to get everything working correctly. Very frustrating.

5. thebiggfella macrumors newbie

It just stopped working. I didn't changed anything. The syncing issue and iCloud Tabs maybe works for most folk but there's obviously a fair few that they are not working for. I'll just need to have a look at it again.

I was wondering if you could answer this: iTunes is set to sync my iPad and iPhone bookmarks with Internet Explorer as is my iCloud settings. I take it this shouldn't affect iCloud syncing between my devices? I'm thinking about switching off the Internet Explorer syncing in iTunes to see if that makes any difference.

6. mdwsta4 thread starter macrumors 65816

I have no interest in using iCloud. Used it when it first released, didn't like it. I prefer syncing data with my computer and keeping necessary information on my device where I don't need an internet connection to access something when I'm traveling.