Sync Samsung Eternity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by futureswitcher, Jul 27, 2009.

1. futureswitcher macrumors member

futureswitcher

I just bought a new Samsung Eternity and tried to link it to iSync but it didn't recognize the device? I then looked at this list of supported phones and realized it is embarrassingly tiny! Am I missing something here, or does my mac "just work" with only 3 Samsung phones (without paying extra).

If iSync doesn't work for the vast majority of phones, what is the purpose of this program? - I'm confused:confused::confused:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

iSync doesn't work with every phone. It doesn't work with my Samsung t349 either.

3. futureswitcher thread starter macrumors member

futureswitcher

thanks for your reply, and I understand that not every phone works, but i'm just really confused about why, like I said, most phones don't work. Is this only a half-finished product or something? I thought it has been included with Mac OS X for quite a while.

Any thoughts on when Apple will get around to finishing it?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It is finished, but is it really Apple's responsibility to support syncing to most phones out there.

I think it works this way: OS X has a sync service built in. Phone manufacturers can use this service, and if they do, the phone works with iSync. If they don't build that service into the phone's OS, then it won't sync.

5. futureswitcher thread starter macrumors member

futureswitcher

ahh, i see. That makes much more sense.

So iSync's low compatibility is probably more due to other manufactures failing to get on board with the software. :(

Thanks for your answer!

so does anyone have any ideas/hacks (i'd be willing to get my hands dirty in terminal - anything!) so that I can connect my eternity to my mac? I'd hate to have to use parallels/PC Studio :(