Sync selected mail accounts box empty in itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blue6353, Oct 1, 2009.

1. blue6353 macrumors newbie

On the info tab for the iPhone sync settings, the "Sync selected mail accounts" box is empty and the check box is greyed out. I've spent hours looking around here and on the Apple website.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, adding new email accounts to both Apple Mail and the iPhone, and removing and then re-adding existing mail accounts to both the phone and Apple Mail. Nothing seems to work. This isn't a widely reported problem but where I've found it there's been little response. Hopefully someone here can please help me out.

This all went down when I updated to iTunes 9. Before that everything was fine.

iPhone 1G, 3.1 OS, iTunes 9.0.1, Mac OSX 10.6.1

2. sintacks macrumors newbie

same

same problem.

same system, but with a 3GS.

3. Sped1 macrumors newbie

iPod Touch Sync trouble

Same problem. Mail accounts greyed out in iTunes.

Also, iPod won't sync iCal events.

2nd gen iPod Touch 3.1, iMac 10.4.11, iTunes 9

4. blue6353 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. alsfries macrumors newbie

Same issue here- just started after iTunes 9. Was also having the problem of iCal and Contacts not syncing. I reset sync history in iSync, and restored the phone, and now those two things work, but the e-mail accounts are still greyed out. No Apple Mail plugins.

6. blue6353 thread starter macrumors newbie

Development?

Anyone had any changes in this yet? I haven't. Still greyed out.

7. jabberwock.jack macrumors newbie

Any new news?

Anyone found a resolution to this?

Just updated to iTunes 9.2.1 and it's still grayed out. 3GS JB/UL iOS 3.1.3.

Thanks!