sync "sent items" in Mail?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pherplexed, Jul 4, 2007.

1. pherplexed macrumors member

Is there not a way to sync "sent items" between the iphone and Mail.app? If i send an email from my iPhone, i need it to show up in the sent items on my Mac.

Tanks for any help!

2. BobbyDigital macrumors member

not yet. this is a much needed feature and I hope apple addresses the issue with the next update.

3. rayward macrumors 68000

You can have your sent mail automatically cc'd to yourself (it's under Settings > Mail). Not as elegant as syncing sent mail, but at least you get a copy on your computer.

I believe that this is/was the same for Blackberries.

4. abyssus macrumors newbie

5. joshmas macrumors newbie

Still no fix?

Seriously still no fix for this?

When the user sends a message from his iPhone, it DOES show up on the Exchange server (Sent items in OWA), but it won't sync to Mac Mail. And they're not getting delivered to some other Sent items folder in Mail.

6. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

same here, this has been driving me nuts for ages! There should be a fix for this. Why do I pay for MobileMe???????

7. JonMN macrumors newbie

still no fix!!

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You need to include the type of email account for threads like this. Some accounts, such as POP, will never sync no matter how the iPhone is updated.

Exchange accounts should sync. I don't have any suggestions to offer on those though. Details always help those trying to help you.