Sync software on MAS?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrMister111, Jan 25, 2012.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I have Sync2Folders which is ok unto a point, just wondering what people use for syncing across NAS, and external HDD, available on the Mac App Store?

Any hints? I don't use it often, so don't want to pay the £30 fees for it, although I've no problem paying for quality software, as I say I dot use it much.

Sync2Folders is ok to a point, but interface isn't the best. Basically I have a Folder on my iMac and a folder on a NAS, I'm busy importing them all to iPhoto 11, and once imported I put in a folder on my iMac as "imported", I then want this to sync to the NAS

cheers

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you look at chronosync? I don't think its on the MAS but its a popular syncing application.

There's also deltawalker which can compare folders including whats on a NAS, it can then move the differences over as well

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for replies,

delta walker, don't like the interface much,

Chronosync looks like its too involved/advanced for what I want.

any others please?

4. thankins macrumors 6502

Check out FolderWatch on MAS - its a great little app and the developers are very willing to help.

The interface is simple and great and feels like something Apple would have made

5. MrMister111, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks that looks nice interface and simple, what I want. Looking at comments though, seems to be a CPU hog, and few crashes in Lion (which I have).

Also last update was in Aug '11, its now nearly Feb '12 so long time with no updates, even bug fixes, which if developers would look at reviews could see there are a few.

just checked reviews/knowledgebase on developers site and the reported CPU hog issue is ongoing from last year with no update on fix/cause yet.

Looks a great app, and what I want really tbh, but have to hold off for a now until issues sorted.