Sync T-Mobile myTouch 4g with my mac???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaBMW3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. WannaBMW3 macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

Hey MR...

I own iPhone 3g in Central Cali...coverage is terrible, dropped calls almost 10-12 times a day, phone is lagging BIG TIME!!!

I want to switch to a network that has 4G here in my area and I wanted the latest HTC phone.

Verizon - HTC Thunderbolt (not released yet)
    Sprint - HTC Evo 4G
    T-Mobile - HTC myTouch 4G

Only carrier with 4G coverage is the T-Mobile myTouch running Android...

Now my question:

1. How will I sync the Android phone with my MacBook Pro? Address book, iTunes music/movies, Browser, email, etc. (just like my iPhone)...is that possible??? The only link I came across was here

Thanks anyone who responds :p

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why you asking about a Mytouch android phone in an iphone forum?
    I doubt many would have that problem here.
    I dont think it will sync with itunes and your mac like the iphone. Most likelly you'll have to use and install its own software on your computer.
    Why dont you search some Mytouch forums, manufacturers website, google etc...

3. WannaBMW3 thread starter macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

Because I currently own an iPhone... :p

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I found this page with official mytouch info.
    Sounds nothing like what you can do with the iphone, itunes, contacts etc...
    http://www.htc.com/us/support/t-mobile-mytouch-3g/help/synchronization

I want to sync my device with my Apple® Macintosh® computer, am I able to do this?

The only desktop interactions as a USB drive and it works with a Mac. Simply connect your device to an available USB port on your Macintosh using the included USB cable and the "microSD card" portion of your device will be visible as a removable drive on your Macintosh. Simply drag and drop files to this storage area as you would with any other external drive.

5. macinnv macrumors regular

As far as syncing goes for contacts, the MyTouch uses Google and Android, so you'll want to sync all your contacts with a Google account. How you do that, I dont know, but Im sure you could 'Google' that question lol.

As far as movies, music, photos, etc. you'll have to 'drag and drop' to the phone.

As far as tethering goes, if thats what you mean, then you go into the settings and select Hotspot. I use this with my iPad and it works great.

Hope that helped.

6. WannaBMW3 thread starter macrumors regular

WannaBMW3

Gracias amigo :)