Sync Thunderbirds Lighting with Google Apps Calendar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by velocityg4, May 28, 2011.

1. velocityg4, May 28, 2011
    Last edited: May 28, 2011

velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I am trying to get the Lightning Add On for Thunderbird to work with Google Apps Calendar.

Now I use to have this working fine with the regular Google calendar but the same type of settings do not work with the Calendar in Google Apps.

For the standard Google calendar this works (htt p s://www.google.com/calendar/dav/user@gmail.com/event[/url])

While using (htt p s://www.google.com/calendar/dav/user@userdomain/event) does not work.

I have also tried (htt p s://USER:pASS@www.google.com/calendar/dav/CALENDAR_ID/events/) just results in an endless loop of asking for a User ID and Password. Even though I put in the correct ones each time and verified their accuracy by logging into my google account through Firefox.

Note I put spaces in the https so VBulletin will not automatically change them into hyperlinks.

2. velocityg4 thread starter macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Using htt p s://USER:pASS@www.google.com/calendar/dav/CALENDARID/events/ I have managed to get Lightning to sign on.

However, though it will sign on with the username and password I had it remembered. It will prompt me that the password is incorrect. I then have to click OK three or four times with the stored password until it finally accepts it and loads my Google Calendar.