Sync Tiger with Vista - no software support it?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by h2009, Nov 13, 2007.

1. h2009 macrumors member

Hi there,
    I've been looking for a piece of software which supports Vista and Tiger folder sync over the network (and then internet if possible). But there is just nothing out that supports them both at the same time.

I've googled, and search every forum i can think of, but had no luck finding anything.

So I've come to you guys for help.

All i need to do is transfer both ways to make sure the folders i want are sync'd together.

What i'd like to do is setup the folders i want then at a press of a button they sync up or as soon as one file changes it auto updates the other.

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Windows cannot write to HFS+ and Mac cannot write to NTFS, so unless you have third party products to allow such write operations, noboyd can do what you need. Macdrive, I think, would give you the ability to write to HFS+ from Windows, but I don't think there is a commercial product in the other direction, as AFAIK Microsoft does not license NTFS.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

This isn't an issue over a network.

4. h2009 thread starter macrumors member

I had a look at chronosync, but they are taking their sweet time sending me a demo link. Do they not want a new customer or something.

The nearest i've come is foldershare (windows software) but it doesnt support vista only XP.

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I second the recommendation for Chronosync

6. h2009 thread starter macrumors member

Oh anyone know how to allow a tiger to see all files and folders on vista (it seems block a certain level down so you cant see anything pass it)