Sync To Multiple Computers

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by carfac, Feb 27, 2008.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Can I?

I want to sync top an iMac and an HP Laptop. Not trying to copy music, but rather sync calenders and contacts.

Hos can I?

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

AFAIK, the iPhone can only be sync'ed with one computer.

3. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

You can in fact sync to two computers. You can only sync certain things from each. Meaning, my work pc I sync contacts and calander (Outlook) info, I then sync at home music, video etc. Make sure you check off the box in iTunes what info you want. You can not however, synce music on both coputer to the phone. There is more info here on the site and in Apples website to do this.

4. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

OK, I do NOT want to double sync music. I was hoping to double sync my Contacts, though...

5. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

That as far as I know is not possible :( . I wish it was as well maybe something in the future can be worked out.

6. BIrwin49 macrumors member

Yeah I found out you can't sync music from two different pcs. I put music on my girlfriends iPhone from my pc and she went to sync to hers and it will erase the music.

Guess I'll make a playlist of the songs from my itunes that's on her phone and then burn it and put them on her itunes. I don't know anyother way to do it.

7. Jayhawk85 macrumors member

Jayhawk85

You can double sync info, but not music or movies

I sync my iPhone to a Dell PC at work and a MacBook at home. On the work PC I sync calendar and contact information, and when I sync to my Mac I sync everything including calendar and contact info. You'll get a message saying "This iPhone is synced to another computer, do you want to merge or replace information?" Choose "merge" and your iPhone will carry both sets of information from both computers. Easy as that! I have noticed that in the iPhone sync tabs you have to recheck the contacts, calendar, ect each time, but that isn't too big a deal.

8. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Its possible to double sync contacts and calender info with the latest version of iTunes