Sync w/Mac at home and PC (Outlook) at work?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Patillac, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Patillac macrumors member

Patillac

Sorry if this has been asked already, I searched but couldn't find an answer.

Is it possible for me to set up MobileMe with my Mac at home and my PC running outlook at work?

I've tried and it doesn't seem to sync w/the Outlook at work.

I think the problem I'm having at work is that were set up behind a proxy server. Is there any way around this?
    Thanks!!

2. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

When you download iTunes 8 on your work computer you can get the mobile me control panel icon. Then you can sync your stuff

3. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

Kind of same question. I just set up Mobileme at work (PC) and iPhone. (will do at home on new iMac later) I added an event to the iPhone in the calender and it went to the mobileme.com site, but does not show on my OUtlook2007 on my desktop. I have in the PC at work in the Mobileme control panel set to sync Automatically. Do I have to do something else for it to show up on the PC Outlook 2007 desktop??? Do I have to go to control panel everytime to sync?? I hope not that would be wierd.

4. bindigok macrumors regular

Be sure to run the software update from Apple, which will also show up after you install iTunes. You will need to most current Mobile Me software on your PC in order to sync. Then your Mobile Me preferences are in the Control Panel

5. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

what is most current version of mobile me? Mine seemed to be working but now not again. Sync on the pc is not automatic more like every 20 minutes even though set to Automatic. Even though sync seen it is not making it to the cloud or phone or sporatic at times. I think may have to do with firewall at work. we shall see. I did get all info to imac at home at lunch and contacts. If I cancel mobile me will it delete all that info?

6. macindork macrumors member

If you don't happen to have administrator rights on your computer at work you can check this page out, MobileMe control panel and iTunes are not required if you just want to check your mail via Outlook (this does not provide calendar access though)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1625