Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2011
Beaumont, Texas
The other day, when I plugged my iPhone in, I got the message of a new update, which I ran. While running it, the phone locked up completely. Got a message from iTunes in another window. My only option was a full restore.

I ran the restore and all seems fine, but I now get the following every time I sync: Syncing with "iPhone" will change more than 25% of the Calendars on this computer." It shows a few figures as if what will be changed, or not, but that may not be what it indicates.

I have the choice of allowing, or 'do not sync'. I select do not sync, though my calendar did reload and seems to be complete. What's going on with that?

msk6261

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
The other day, when I plugged my iPhone in, I got the message of a new update, which I ran. While running it, the phone locked up completely. Got a message from iTunes in another window. My only option was a full restore.

I ran the restore and all seems fine, but I now get the following every time I sync: Syncing with "iPhone" will change more than 25% of the Calendars on this computer." It shows a few figures as if what will be changed, or not, but that may not be what it indicates.

I have the choice of allowing, or 'do not sync'. I select do not sync, though my calendar did reload and seems to be complete. What's going on with that?

This happened to me after I installed the update.

What concerns me is which calendar will be changed/"updated"? the one on my PC or the one on my phone??

My husband keeps loosing all his iphone contacts every time he syncs (broken MS Outlook is now fixed but contacts on iphone are the ones to be retained). I am trying to find out how to make the iphone info the default??

msk6261

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the PC and the iphone to SHARE information...........not have one override the other in either direction.

HadItWithWindow

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the PC and the iphone to SHARE information...........not have one override the other in either direction.
My problem is similar. I do not carry the Mac around with me but I do have the iPhone all the time. Apparently Syncing is only one way, Mac Calendar to iPhone. It always erases all my appointments, etc.

How can one set sync to Upload Calendar, Notes FROM iPhone to iMAC?

Thx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.